Leaking feeding tube, only taking IV fluids. How can I speed up the re-fixing of the tube?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My dad has a feeding tube that is leaking - they won't use it . scan show it is in correct place. awaiting Gi consultant visit. Only having iv fluids - very concerened ! has parkinsons. Had MRSA infection in tube site - now clear.
Has a swallow and taking about 6 spoonfuls of food a day !!!! i was a nurse and
asked for NG feeding but told due to curvature of spine- tricky to pass (mmm)
We want him home to look after him in his last days but need tube for medication and fluids.
I am unhappy with the lack of speed re fixing of tube as looks about six possibly less stone now. I am not looking for a cure we just want him home for a month.
how can i get them to pass NG !!!!!!!
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
I can understand your concern. Sometimes it becomes really difficult to pass an NG tube due to spine curvatures. In such cases you can ask his gastroenterologist to do an endoscopic guided NG tube insertion.
This can help him take some oral feed and medicines.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.