Laziness,fatigue,constipation,premature ejaculation,disturbed sleep,acidity

I am XXXXXXX, 32 years, 165 cm & 80 kg
From last 15 years or so, I am having pain, weakness, heaviness and tiredness in the entire body from head to toe. I feel lazy to do anything and get tired very soon. I also feel frequent numbness in the entire body mostly head and at times even in penis. I also suffer quick discharge during sex. My problem till today is undiagnosed.
However, I have another problem of bowels not getting cleared from my childhood. As on today, I am going 5 to 6 times daily for passing of stool mainly after after having food or drinking water. Every night, I am taking an ayurvedic laxative or otherwise, I will have problems in piles. On any day, if I take more food than my diet than it becomes difficult to sleep at night because of tickling sensation in stomach which irritates me. However, I never feel this irritation in daytime.
I do not have diabetes(sugar). Nor, do i have typical gastric or acidity related symptoms. I am more worried about my pain and fatigue related symptoms mentioned in 1st paragraph which is still undiagnosed. I am just thinking that can my constipation related problem as mentioned in 2nd paragraph be a cause of this ? Can constipation also lead to poor circulation ? Please guide me ?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later

Let me list out important points of your query:
• Long duration of illness
• Multiple symptoms

From your description it is clear that you have symptoms involving multiple systems of the body like:
• Laziness, increase fatiguability (musculoskeletal system)
• Constipation, acidity (gastrointestinal system)
• Numbness over body (pseudo neurological)
• Numbness over penis, premature ejaculation (sexual)
• Irritation and disturb sleep

Inspite of having so many symptoms no diagnosis was possible.

If the investigations are also negative then all these facts indicate toward the presence of illness called somatisation disorder which is included in the group of somatoform disorder. The origin of this disorder related to stress and anxiety.

Following steps will be helpful:
• Please visit a psychiatrist for his opinion.
• Anti anxiety medicines like SSRI group of medicines along with cognitive behaviour therapy from a trained therapist will be helpful.
• Treatment of comorbid condition as depression is common in this illness.
• Daily physical activity like evening and morning walk
• Talk with your loved ones about your present and past stress
• Meditation and yoga

Hope this answer your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for follow up.

Wishing you Good Health.