Late periods, negative pregnancy test, white clumpy dishcarge with some pinkish blood

Period a week late. 3 negative pregnancy tests. Clear Blue Easy Digital Ones. Just found white clumpy discharge with some pinkish blood in it.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
White clumpy discharge with pinkish blood with negative pregnancy tests indicates an onset of a late period. If you are having a regular 35 days cycle with an average bleeding for last three months then there is nothing to worry.
Cysts in the ovaries are mostly functional cysts which keep on increasing or decreasing in size with hormonal variations in the body.
Regular cycles are usually ovulatory and do not indicate infertility.
Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Follow-up: Late periods, negative pregnancy test, white clumpy dishcarge with some pinkish blood 14 minutes later
So I am now on a 35 day cycle instead of a 28 day? Does that affect my fertility any at all? Is there any way that I could be pregnant and the tests be wrong? Should I go to an OBGYN to get back on the pill for the cysts? I do have pain in both sides like sharp stabbing pain.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Having a regular 35 day cycle does not affect the fertility in any way. So many pregnancy tests cannot be wrong. These are highly sensitive tests.
If you have pain on both sides then you can consult your gynecologist and get an ultrasound scan done to find out the cause.
Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.