Late period. Can I take any medicine?

Sep 2012

date of my period arrived 2 to 3 days back did not get period now want to extent it for 5 days can i have any medicine
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 45 minutes later

Thank you for posting here.

Look you have missed your period. And now, you want to delay the period for 5days, right?

But pregnancy should be ruled out first. Because, if you take any medicine to delay your period, then you may experience many complications.

So, do a home pregnancy test first. If it is negative, then you can take a norethisterone group of drug, for the days you want to delay your period. Then stop that drug. Wait for 7 days, and you will have your period within 7 days.

If you experience any problem, you have to consult a gynecologist. So, it would be better to consult with a gynecologist before starting the drug.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.