Late ovulation. Sac present but no embryo. Increased hormone levels. Normal?

General Surgeon
Question
My hormone showa from 700 to 0000 in 10 days i have late ovulation 19 days from 1st day period. After 6 weeks from my lmp the sac is there but still no embryo. Is it normal?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Hi
The HCG hormone levels increase from 5-50mIU/ml at 3 weeks LMP to 1080-56,500mIU/ml at 6 weeks LMP.
Gestational sac will be seen first at about 4 weeks and grows at a rate of 1mm a day through the 9th week of pregnancy.
In 5th week,the embryo will be very small to see.It is smaller than a grain of rice in 5th week.
In 6th week,embryo should be seen.
If embryo is not seen,then it could be due to wrong calculation of gestational age,inexperienced radiologist.
As Sac is seen,nothing to worry.
Please go for an experienced Radiologist and ask for transvaginal ultrasound apart from trans abdominal ultrasound.With transvaginal ultrasound,heart motion can sometimes be seen in 2mm to 3mm embryo.
If you come back with latest Ultrasound report,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health

Follow-up: Late ovulation. Sac present but no embryo. Increased hormone levels. Normal? 2 hours later
Thx for the above; i'm vomiting this is the first time i vomit since my pregnancy; before vomiting i was feeling like something burning me on the top of my stomach; is a sign of a healthy pregnancy? Btw My next visit to my ob is scheduled on next tuesday

Hi
Vomiting in early pregnancy is common.
It is a physiological phenomenon,it is not a disease.
Please take simple Rantidine tablet if you have burning sensation in the stomach.
Please be cautious with the food you take
Wish you good health