Late for periods, stomach cramps, sore back, tingling vagina. Have polycystic ovaries. What could be going on?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I am 20 years old, Not pregnant but I am about 5-6 months late for my Period yet I am in pain with my belly like period cramps and also my back is sore and down below keeps tingling if that makes sense, I have Polycystic ovaries What could be going on? I have also had a few episodes of diarrhea and constipation which scared me to death due to the suddeness of it
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 38 hours later

Thanks for your query. I read your query & understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) Your variation in menstrual cycles ( not getting cycles for 5 to 6 months).

2) The reason for your pain is number of medications you are taking. Please do not take so many medications everyday as they are harmful for your health. I am not sure why you were advised so many medications. Please get reviewed by physician.

3) The diarrhea and constipation are due to the side effect of medications.

4) I advice you to consult a physician as soon as possible and try to decrease the number of medications. It is harmful to be on so many drugs. I see many are not necessary.

5) If you reduce the drugs your pain will go away.

6) For getting periods you can get a prescription for progesterone tablets after few days which should not be a major concern.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Late for periods, stomach cramps, sore back, tingling vagina. Have polycystic ovaries. What could be going on? 2 hours later
All my medications are to try and help me as I have Fibromayagia as well on top of everything else. I also wondering if I am not having a period does all the lining that would come away as well as eggs would still be there and would it result in infection, I am also fighting a infection of some sort but they are unsure what type even though all swabs say I am clear of anything nasty.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 19 minutes later

Thanks for the reply.

1) If you donot have regular cycles, it does not mean that eggs will be collected and lead to infection.

2) The eggs are maintained in healthy state in the ovary and the only problem is that you will not be ovulating.

3) This is completely unharmful and there is no need to worry about it. If you take progesterone tablets prescribed for 5 days, you will surely get periods if it is your concern.

4) If the swabs are clear you are unlikely to have infection. Get another swab test after one month to confirm.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol