Ask a Dentist   »  

Last four teeth grew after adulthood. Are these wisdom teeth?

Hello. I have 28 teeth. The last 4 in the back didnt come in until i was 18! As they were coming in i went to the dentist and she said something like "well id call these wisdom teeth" I asked everyone else and they all seem to have 28 teeth.. Do you think these are my wisdom teeth? I thought i didnt have any wisdoms. Also, I have 2 baby teeth that dont have permanant ones beneath them.. one of them has kindof been bothering me.. i wouldnt call it pain but more of an itch, and it wiggles a little and if i push on it like.. some blood or something comes out a little. Im going to go to a dentist im not retarded... but id just like to know what to expect because i have anxiety about dentists.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bimal Desai 1 hour later
Thanks for query,
The last teeth on each side of jaw is a wisdom teeth.In some individual it comes out & in some individuals it overlapped by mucous membrane so we cannot see it but feels it.
Your teeth you said it baby teeth never remains up to the age of 18th year & more so that is your permanant teeth.
When you touches it it bleeds shows that you have gums problem called gingivitis.This is an infection of gums.This happens due to food partical collected beneath gums.
your Dentist will tell you about this infection & if needed he will clean it & currate the unhealthy one so that the newer healthy ones comes .Thanks