Large soft movable lump on the arm, arm feeling tired. Can this be treated?

I have developed a large soft plyable lump in my left uper arm. There is no pain. I have felt it and it appears soft and I can move it about under the skin.
Can you tell be what it could be. It is very noticable with ceartin clothes.
How can this be treated.
Sorry I forgot. This lump appeared in July 2011 whilst on holiday. I did not have an accident of any kind.
The only thing related to the lump is sometimes my arm feels tired, maybe related or no
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 56 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query,

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Possibilities for you at the given characteristics you wrote in order of common occurrence would be benign lipoma, enlarged lymph node, cystic swelling, etc.

Of these, benign lipoma looks more likely. A surgeon should be able to review this. If lipoma is confirmed it can be removed surgically with a minor operation if the size matters and impinges much to the surrounding structures.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.