Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump on clitoris. Possible reasons?

Dermatologist
Question
I had a cluster of large pus filled blisters on my right buttock which has permanently scared and a raw patch on the right side of my vagina and a bump on the underside of my cliteris had white skin over it and was a pink non fluid filled bump underneath the skin which disappeared without scabbing same with raw patch, what could this have been?
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later

I wish to ask a few questions to you:
- Since when have you noticed these lesions?
- Do you get the pain / do you having itching?
- Is this the first time you have had the lesion?
- Did you take any medicine?
- Do you history of any medical illness/infection?
- Any one else in your family have / had similar skin lesion?
- Do you have the lesions else where?
- Will you be able to post few pictures of the affected areas? - If yes, please post few good quality pictures on this webpage using the site's downloader.

The described lesions seems to be related to herpes zoster infection, a viral infection caused by varicella zoster virus. Please provide the aforementioned details, I will be able to clarify further.

Follow-up: Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump on clitoris. Possible reasons? 1 hour later
I had chicken pox as an infant in my diaper area. i noticed these lesions about seven months ago, the vaginal lesions never scabbed it itched and the bump was sore a few days then it shrunk and disappeared the raw patch was really itchy it was a red patch of skin almost on the outside of my exterior lip but in the crease. it kept getting smaller until it disappeared within days also. My right buttock however took longer to heal there was a large mass of large yellow blisters clustered on each other and they were really itchy and hurt sometimes and it was unpleasant to sit. It took about five or six weeks for them to erupt scab over and heal. but now my buttock is scarred still months after this occurred i have not had any reoccurence since then and all the lesions were on the right side,does this make the issue any more clear?

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 5 hours later
Thanks for the reply.

Still, you have to give answers of few questions.

Do you have any lesion at present?
Or only you have scars or healed lesions?
Do you have burning pain on affected area?
Did you investigated to rule out Diabetes Mellitus, HIV or any other disease?
If possible, can you post photograph of affected area?
What sort of medicines you took? please give the name.

I still think that you had herpes zoster. Now healed and you are having scars at present, but I shall be firm after your reply.

Please reply above queries, so that I can help you.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD, DVD

Follow-up: Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump on clitoris. Possible reasons? 10 hours later
I did not get treatment or medication due to my whereabouts at the time. When i would have been able to seek treatment the lesions had already healed. There was pain with the scars fir a while but not any more. I have not yet ruled out other possibilities. I have no picture of the scar as of present but hopefully this gives you further clarification on what this could be.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 21 minutes later

Welcome again.

Now I am sure that you are having healed lesions of HERPES ZOSTER.

At present if you have pain, it means that you are having POST HERPETIC NEURALGIA. In this case there are many drugs you may take to relieve the pain like anticonvulsant, antidepressant, gabapentin, pregabalin etc. Local intradermal steroid injection and lidocain application may be helpful.But under Dermatologist observation.

If you do not have pain , then it is only healed lesions of Herpes zoster, and in this case you do not worry. There would be no problem. In this case you do not take any treatment.

Remember the relapse of HERPES ZOSTER is very rare, only occurs in immunocompromised patients .Like having HIV, MALIGNANCY, LEUKEMIA..etc

I hope you must be satisfied with my answers. Still,if you have query , you are welcome.
Best wishes.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD,DVD