Large pimple or cyst on waist surrounded by hard area. Popped and bled. Why won't it leave?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Large pimple or cyst like thing on my waist surrounded by hard area about 1 inch in diameter. Popped it like a pimple... Had some bleeding, but won't go away. Have had it for 10 days
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

A persistent sore on the skin for last ten days needs medical attention.

It can be persistent due to presence of a foreign body, lowered body immunity due to diabetes, poor blood circulation in the area, persistent infection, etc.

You need to get the wound examined from your physician who can evaluate you completely and prescribe proper therapy like antibiotics and drugs for early wound healing.

Debridement of the wound may be needed for early recovery.

Application of topical antibiotics such as neosporin will also be useful. You can apply topical cream after cleaning the area with clean water.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.