Laproscopy done to open fallopian tubes but couldn't do so. Cyst and fibroids was taken out. Advise?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hello

I have got my Laproscopy done on 3rd April & ever since my bleeding is on & not getting stopped . I am attaching my reports as well . It was done to open fellopian tubes but unfortunately coudent do so . They took syst & fibroids out from my body .
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
I have gone through your reports.
The reports are normal, and the fibroid is as you mentioned.
There is no biopsy report of the cyst mentioned.
If possible, it would help if you could scan and attach the operative details and discharge summary of your laparoscopic surgery.
That would help me to assist you better.
Also, it has been almost 2 weeks since your surgery, so ideally there should be no bleeding.
Due to removal of fibroid, sometimes, you may have slight bleeding or spotting for a few days.
I would advise you to consult your operating surgeon, and have a review examination as well as transvaginal ultrasound to know what's going on.

Tale care, and feel free to ask further questions.

Follow-up: Laproscopy done to open fallopian tubes but couldn't do so. Cyst and fibroids was taken out. Advise? 7 minutes later
hi

What do you think might ha happened ?
Have uploaded my reports . Please check .

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 28 minutes later
Fibroid removal could sometimes lead to further bleeding.
An ultrasound and examination could clarify this.
Also, I requested for your operative details and discharge card, I guess the same reports have been uploaded again by mistake.

Follow-up: Laproscopy done to open fallopian tubes but couldn't do so. Cyst and fibroids was taken out. Advise? 5 minutes later
ooops ! Check now
My Doc is saying mite be hormonal imbalance .

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
I have gone through the reports.
THere appears to be nothing to worry about as far as the surgery is concerned.
The only area of concern is that both your fallopian tubes are blocked, causing difficulty in conception.
Your doctor is right, following surgery stress etc, some minor hormonal imbalance can cause such abnormal bleeding.
I would ask you to have repeat XXXXXXX checkup, a transvaginal ultrasound, thyroid hormone testing.

Follow-up: Laproscopy done to open fallopian tubes but couldn't do so. Cyst and fibroids was taken out. Advise? 12 hours later
She asked me to take this medicne -Rebesterone for 21 days . post lunch twice daily . What is this medicne for ? any side effect . should i ?
since my tubes are blocked & ty were unable to opened it as well ? Now what should i do ? How will i concieve ?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
I think there is a typo.
You might be meaning Registrone.
It is a progesterone ( hormonal ) preparation.
It will regulate any minor hormonal imbalance and help in stabilizing your cycles.
there are no side effects to worry about if your gynecologist has examined you, and then prescribed the medication.

Follow-up: Laproscopy done to open fallopian tubes but couldn't do so. Cyst and fibroids was taken out. Advise? 1 hour later
but is it a rarest case that after laproscopy my hormone are functioning abnormally ?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 hours later
No, it is not rare.
It is common and nothing major to worry about.
In case of bilateral tubal blockage, you need to go for IVF ( in vitro fertilization ) or test tube baby in order to conceive.

Follow-up: Laproscopy done to open fallopian tubes but couldn't do so. Cyst and fibroids was taken out. Advise? 3 days later
how is ivf different from test tube ?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 minutes later
Test tube baby is the layman terminology, which I wrote to help you understand better.
Sperm and egg are retrieved, and fertilisation takes place outside the uterus, and then embryo is placed back inside your uterus.

Follow-up: Laproscopy done to open fallopian tubes but couldn't do so. Cyst and fibroids was taken out. Advise? 46 minutes later
that is also 40 percent chances & side effects also -- how much timedoes the whole procedure take?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
It is almost 30% successful.
But the success rate depends on various factors.
The whole procedure for a single attempt each month requires month long treatment with various injection and drugs.
I would suggest contacting an IVF specialist and getting more details.