Laparotomy, biopsy done. Left ovary growth, convoluted cyst of corpus luteum. When will periods start and possible to concieve?

Hi Dr Minoo Bhagia

I trust you are doing well?We have communicated on the 21-22 February re:laparotomy (done 16 February 2012);Evacuation (20 February 2012) and I have promised to share results of the biopsy taken during the laparotomy. The final report is as follows:
Left ovarian growth
MACROSCOPY- Specimen consists of wedge of tissue piece 1,3 x 0,5 cm?cystic corpus luteum
MICROSCOPY - Sections of this ovary show a collapsed duct containing blood.The wall of the cyst is convoluted and is composed of an XXXXXXX layer of luteinised theca lutein cells.
The features are typical of a corpus luteum cyst. There is no evidence of malignancy in the sections

My question:How soon can I expect my periods?How long will it take to conceive again?

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 18 hours later

If I remember correctly your laparotomy was done for ectopic pregnancy and after that evacuation showing placental tissue in the curettage.

Corpus luteum cyst is normal, there is nothing to worry about but I would like to see your ultrasound reports again so as to confirm the size of the ovarian cyst.

Regarding periods you will get them within a month around end of the march.

I would like to know the condition of another ovary and fallopian tubes for your future fertility plans.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Laparotomy, biopsy done. Left ovary growth, convoluted cyst of corpus luteum. When will periods start and possible to concieve? 7 hours later
Dear Dr Minoo Bhagia

Thank you very much for your response.Unfortunately I do not have the ultrasound reports, however I did ask the Dr about the size of the cyst which he confirmed to be 2cm in diameter.
My Dr also confirmed that the ovary to be in good condition and both Fallopian tubes in perfect condition as well.
My future fertility plans are to try once more soon after my next period, however in the mean time I am taking folic acid forte. I am not sure whether you may recommend any other supplements to assist this process for me and my husband. Perhaps it is with sharing with you that I have been trying to conceive since XXXXXXX 2009 after using XXXXXXX from 2005 until XXXXXXX 2009. I only fell pregnant in January 2012 and unfotunately due to challenges discussed earlier the pregnancy had to be terminated.

Thank you once more.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 12 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

They could have conserved the left ovary removing the cyst but it all depends when we open and see and decide the surgery part.

Well, if the condition of other ovary is good and tubes are patent then you can conceive as early as possible.

You should speak to the treating doctor about use of clomiphene from 5th day of cycle to 9th day along with estrogen from 6th to 9th day of the cycle and go for the follicular studies from 11th to 16th day of the cycle and post ovulatory duphastan can be given.

Meanwhile your husband can take tablets containing CoQ factor as to improves the sperm motility.

Tablet Folic acid 5 mg is to be continued.

If there are no mature follicles with clomiphene citrate then other drugs like FSH or HMG inj are given but strictly under your doctor's guidance and prescription.

I hope your Serum FSH levels and Serum TSH levels are done by this time, if please get them recommended by your doctor.

Best wishes,
Good luck