Laparoscopy showed presence of Fitz Hugh Curtis. Should I be tested for chlamydia?

Hello Dr Tayal, I have just had a laparoscopy and the results were adhésions from PID andadhésions from PID and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX present. The lap was done due to bloked tubes and infertility, happily my fallopian tubes have been unblocked. My question is this - if the PID was caused by Chlamydia that I caught at some point in the past, should my husband and I now be tested for Chlamydia and if positive treated? My doctor said this was not necessary and that the infection was old, however after reading the symptoms of FHC I realise that I can pinpoint the time that the infection spread to become that from the pain - this was only 1.5yrs ago. How do I know that my husband and i don't still have the infection between us and just continue to pass it backwards and forwards. I don't understand my doctors reasoning for not testing for it. Hopefully you could advise me, as obviously I'd like to get rid of Chlamydia if I do have it. Many thanks in advance.
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The infection is not likely to be an acute one.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX syndrome is most commonly associated with chlamydia and gonorrhoea infections. Since the adhesions are formed most commonly from a past infection in the pelvis, it is not likely that any one of you is having an active infection now. During the acute phase or an active infection, inflammation of the peritoneum and anterior liver capsule is seen and there may be an exudate that is grey and flaky or granular in appearance.
Your specialist must have found the infection to be an old one.
Still it is recommended to get a vaginal swab culture for both chlamydia and gonorrhea done as well as urine culture examination for both of you.
Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) are the most specific tests to detect a chlamydial infection.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.