Laparoscopy done for fibroid removal and vaginal dilation. Delayed periods. Taken Deviry. Can I plan pregnancy now?

Hello Doctor, I got laproscopy for removal of fibroid and vaginal dilation done on 26th of last month. I dint get my periods yet though they were supposed to start on 6th or 7th of this month. After speaking to my Doc, I have taken Deviry for 4 days from 12th of this month. Periods havent come yet. I just want to know, Is this a good period to plan for baby as I dint get periods till now or should I have to wait for my periods? Please help.
Posted Mon, 11 Jun 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 2 hours later
After laproscopy and vaginal dilatation, if uterine curretage is also done, delay in periods is normal so do not worry for that. Regarding conception you can plan from now. The chances of conception improve at the time of ovulation i.e fertile period or the middle of cycle, so suggest to participate regular intercourse during mid cycle.

Regarding medications, you should continue to take Tab. Folvite, it prevents neural tube defects in baby. Metformin is safe in pregnancy. Regarding Reeshape, many data/ studies are not available on its safety in pregnancy. Its better to avoid it in pregnancy when the data is unavailable.

Let me know if you have more queries.

Best wishes