Laparoscopic surgery, ovarian follicle cyst, dull headache. Normal?

I had surgery 4 days ago an ovarian follicle cyst removed by laparoscopic surgery, I still have a dull headache across my forehead, is this normal? and can i do anything to help get rid of it? I am 52 and 67 kgs and 5'1"
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later
Thanks for posting query.I hope you are doing well in your post operative period except this minor aliment that you have.Normally after laproscopy for anything major issues do not come.

Some form of pain in shoulder,some light headache can occur because at time of laproscopy a gas in introduced in the abdominal cavity which makes visualization for operating surgeon possible and he can do surgery under good vision.

This gas irritates the diaphragm muscle,a muscle between abdomen and chest cavity which is important for respiration.Nerve endings in this muscles get irritated with the gas and so this leads to shoulder pain and headache in some cases.There is no reason to worry.

Your doctor may advise simple analgesic like tramadol,acetaminophen or other as per his choice.Drink plenty of fluids and take light diet as advised and you should not have any problem.

In case of headache continuous and increase in severity then you need to see your doctor for a check up.Get your blood pressure and other para meters checked in that case and follow the advise given accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query and this should help you to ease a bit. I would be available to answer you follow up queries as well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.