Lap band surgery done. Experiencing migraine headache, diarrhea, abdominal pain and vomiting. Related?

my daugter has her lap band for last 4 years is being good lost 120 pounds , but now she suffers from migraine headache, abd pain felling like something is pulling arround her port ,she have diarrhea and vomiting for 2 weeks go to hospital and they do ct abd/pelvis (neg results) ct head (neg)ct facial bones (find 3 airs bubles /small pneumocephalus rt parasellar region of uncertain etiology, repeat ct head after 1wk (neg) today they do mri/mra of head and brain and r/s neg and she still sick with headache and abd pain but she is able to eat something and diarrhea stop , what it can be?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The abdominal pain and vomiting your daughter is suffering from could be a complication related to her lap band or due to milder form of gastro intestinal upset. I do not consider the headache and the abdominal discomfort to be related by any means.

Food at regular timings, avoidance of processed food and avoidance of spicy and oily foods for few days from now may solve the abdominal issue.

As for headache is concerned, the normal scans indicate that vascular headaches like Migraine or tension-type headaches could be the cause. The diagnosis in these conditions depends mostly on the clinical examination. You may have to consult a neurologist to get her examined to find out whether the condition meets the diagnostic criteria for migraine. If you have consulted a neurologist already, I would suggest you to take a second opinion from another neurologist.

Placing your daughter on Anti migraine medications after diagnosis will provide her a good relief from the headaches for sure.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.