Lack of periods due to nuva ring removal

could I be pregnant? I have not had sex in 4 months. I have missed my period for 2 months. I have taken multiple tests and they have come back negative. I dont feel abnormally stressed or tired. I havnt experienced any sickness. I have never had a baby before.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
Hello there,
With the history that you have given here,i dont think that you are pregnant.If your tests are negative,then its not likely that you are pregnant.There are 2 possibilites here.
First,remember that after removal of the nuva ring may cause your periods to be come irregular.
Secondly,if nuva ring isnt the cause,then other medical disorders that may cause hormonal imbalance may be responsible.There are some underlying conditions like ovarian cyst,PCOS,thyroid dysfunction etc that may cause irregular periods.
The best thing would be to get examined by a gynaecologist.You may need some basic blood tests,ultrasound etc to find out the cause.Then you will be given medicines to get your periods.
So do make an appt with a doctor,and get these tests done.