Lack of interest in sex, overweight. Advice?

I don't seem to have any desire for sex and I never really have. My husband is frustrated by this. I told him I don't have desire for sex and he didn't like that. Even when he does certain things and asks if that turns me on at all it doesn't. I'm overweight also can that be the problem. He seems to think it is. I don't know what to do because I have never really had any desire for sex and I wanted someone to tell me if I could be asexual. If I am should I seek a therapist/psychiatrist in my area to talk to about it.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query!

There are several causes of the condition you are currently experiencing.
Hypothyroidism as well as Hyperthyroidism can cause loss of libido in females. Further, obesity is also an important barrier in the enjoyment of sexual act.
You are currently receiving Prozac which can also cause a loss of libido. I would suggest that you consult your family physician and seek alternative therapy.

It would be best if both you and your husband undergo an evaluation so that the cause of your decreased libido can be identified.

As I believe that more information from the patient helps doctors make a more accurate evaluation, I would like to have a few additional details from you.
Do you have a decreased libido from the time you got married or is it a recent development?
When did you get married?
How frequently do you have intercourse?
Is your husband able to achieve and sustain an erection?

I hope I have answered your query.