Lack of focus and concentration, tired. Dietary supplements like omega-3 and ginko are good? If not please suggest.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Here my problem is lack of focus and concentration.
I am a working professional. Apart from daily job of approx 8 hours a day, I am also preparing for competitive exams to go-ahead in my career and achieve goal. But I feel I am unable to put focus on what I want to practice for exams. I feel stressed and tired from my work, and when I get home I don't feel likely to study and prepare for exams.
I do gym/work-out, not daily but at-least 3 days a week. I feel active and good, but when it comes to put my mind to study I feel lazy and lacking focus. I come to know about some supplements like Omega - 3 , Ginkgo Biloba, and I studied the reviews that the results are good. Here what I want to know from you/Doctor:

Is the dietary supplements like Omega - 3 and Ginkgo are good?
If yes, then which one I should go for, and where can I buy these supplements?
If no, what do you recommend me to improve my focus and concentration?

Please note: I am 25 yrs old. I am a non-veg. But I don't eat Fish, not because I am elergic to it but I dis-like the taste.
Posted Tue, 29 May 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
To enhance the focus and concentration, there are many brain activities like quizzes, word puzzles, regular exercise, adequate sleep, etc which help considerably. You cannot extract a good concentration after the day's work. Concentrate on your studies in the early morning instead.
Both Ginkgo biloba and omega -3 fatty acids have been proven to increase neuronal connections in the brain. You can take these supplements which are available over the counter at most of the pharmacies. An Ayurveda specialist will help you in recommending the specific doses and schedule for you.
If you’re not a fan of fish, consider turning to fish oil supplements. Other non-fish sources of omega-3s include walnuts, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, pumpkin seeds, and soybeans.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Lack of focus and concentration, tired. Dietary supplements like omega-3 and ginko are good? If not please suggest. 3 hours later

If possible could you please give me the contact details of an Ayurveda Specialist in Bangalore? Sorry for troubling you for this; I am new to this city.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry. I do not have any personal references of alternative medical expert. Yet you may find a good Ayurvedacharya nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor as per your requirement at
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.