Lack of concentration, weak memory, dizziness. Kindly advise

SInce few day i feel lack of concentration & also has experienced weeker memory. There is surprising sense of dizziness all the day long & i feel helpless to sort it out (even sleep doesn't help), however i could sleep comfortably but dont feel fresh after getting up (even after hours of sleep). And thus there is a problem in concentrating on things also. I feel the problem is in left back part of my brain. Kindly advice
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 10 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

In your query you mentioned following symptoms:
-Poor concentration
-Week memory
-Ideas of helplessness
-Poor sleep quality

Considering all these complaints, I would like to consider multiple possibilities in following hierarchy in your case:
•     Excessive Stress: Start morning walk, fruits in diet and breathing exercise
•     Anxiety disorder: need to be rule out and treated by after detail interview by psychiatrist
•     Vitamin deficiency: Get serum B12 level. Start multi vitamins as they are easily available.
•     Side effect of substance use: stop if present
•     Thyroid related problem: get thyroid hormonal assay done
•     Neurological problem (least possibility): get MRI brain
•     Combination of above causes

Final message to you: Do not worry about symptoms, follow above advice, stop substance use if any and take multi vitamins.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.