Labia minora is swollen, painful and radiates. Noticed 3 hard and painful areas, are pimple like colour red. What could be?

My right labia minora is very swollen and painful and ir radiates to the left as well. Have not had sex in 2 months. It came out of the blue. I have alsi noticed 3 hard area - those are the painful areas. These areas are pimple like color red. Today is saturday so i cant make a dr appt. what can i do to reduce the swelling and pain? I do not have any vaginal dischare, nothing else hurts. I am perfectly healthy.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later

Labia minora swelling may be because of irritation(because of tight clothing) or because of bartholin cyst(sebaceous gland). Your swelling is painful, radiating to left and blue in color you should consult a gynecologist immediately because it may turn into abscesses for which you need abscess drainage and good antibiotic coverage.

You can use ice packs, sitz bath(lukewarm water),cream application and some antiinflammatory drug(to reduce inflammation) and antibiotic while you get your doctor appointment.

Hope I have answered your query.If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.