Labia began itching, treated for yeast infection. Hands and feet are. Blood result showed fatty liver

A many months ago my labia began itching at night. I went to the Dr and he treated me for a yeast infection. Since then every evening I've been itchy. Now, my hands and feet have become itchy too. My blood results have indicated fatty liver which I went to get an ultrasound. He wants me to get another blood test later this month. My question is : I'm on vacation and just realized that my itchiness is a sign that my liver is getting worse. Should I go home right away?
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You can enjoy your vacation but try to avoid alcohol if any.
going home will not serve any purpose.
Your ultrasound is suggestive of fatty liver, if possible get a full Liver function test, albumin level and prothrombin time values.
Avoid fried food and high fat foods.
The itching may be a side effect of the deranged liver function.
The deranged liver function may itself may be due to antifungal therapy if you had fluconazole or griseofulvin. If drug induced the problem will subside.
If fungal infection could be ruled out and the liver function comes normal then the itching may be indicative of infection with scabies and anti scabies lotions and associated treatment is advisable.
Get the vagina secretions checked for fungal infection and gram stain and manage accordingly.
For fungal vaginitis you can use intravaginal clotrimazole tablets at bedtime for 10 days,.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!