LMP shows 7 weeks pregnancy, US shows lower weeks with low implantation and without fetal node. What does this mean?

hi doctor according to my last menstrol cycl e i am 7 weeks pregnent but in ultra sound scan it is showing as 5-6 weeks with yolk sac seen and no featal node with low implantation what does this means??? please tell i already went through one miscarriage
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
The discrepancy of 1 week on the ultrasound scan can be due to a delayed conception. The presence of yolk sac is suggestive of a viable fetus. A low implantation suggests the position where the sac has been attached in the uterine cavity.
A fetal node will appear by next week. Do get a follow up scan done after 10 days to detect a cardiac activity. The findings of this scan are not suggestive of a miscarriage.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: LMP shows 7 weeks pregnancy, US shows lower weeks with low implantation and without fetal node. What does this mean? 4 minutes later
1.0*0.9*1.1cm is seen in teh mid body is it normal growth rate of all the featus or teh growth rate is lagging
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
I think you have mentioned the size of the sac. This corresponds to 5-6 weeks gestation. A follow up scan will help in determining the rate of growth.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.