Knee started hurting suddenly. What could be causing this?

Hello!! Hope you can help!! My knee started hurting when I was walking and turned on the light real quick and my knee kind of blocked.. it wasnt painful on the moment but now, since this morning, i cant put my right leg straight and it hurts every time i walk on it. Its not swollen.Its just really painful. When I try to put my leg straight, it hurts a lot! But I can bend my leg.. no problem.. but cant put it straight. The pain seems to be on the right side of the right knee (outside)
Im a women, im 24 and I exercise everyday. (jogging, squats, legs, butt)
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The description you have stated seem more likely due to stress trauma to the ligament or tendon of your right knee. As this age and with regular physical activities there very minimum chances of conditions like arthritis.

It is suggested not to go for exercise for atleast a week and take some anti inflammatory drugs like diclofenic sodium atleast 2 times a day along with acetaminophen. apply crept bandage to the knee, it will help prevent the swelling.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask