Knee pains during sitting, bone pain. Why is this happening?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Every time I sit down even for a min. My knee hurts like I have to straighten my leg out to walk because my knee hurts so bad and sometimes I can feel pain were my ankle is the bone why
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Pain in the knee at your age without any history of trauma can be due to autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, inflammatory diseases like SLE, bursitis, fibromyalgia and chondromalacia patellae (degeneration of the cartilage beneath the kneecap).

To pinpoint the diagnosis, complete physical examination and investigations like complete blood counts, ESR, RA factor, CRP, serum uric acid, serum creatinine, X-ray and MRI joints from a rheumatologist are needed.
It would be better to discuss about this with a Rheumatologist. He is the right specialist, who can pin point the diagnosis.
Till then for symptomatic relief, you can take over the counter analgesics, do hot fomentation and apply local analgesic gel on the affected areas.
Knee brace can also be used for an earlier and prolonged relief.
In severe cases intra articular injections of steroids and hyaluronic acid may be needed

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.