Knee pain after an accident. MRI showed inconclusive menicus damage but no tear

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi....i was in a car accident two years ago. Went to hospital that night for knee pain.....was released that night. Returned to ER 7-10 days after accident right ankle and lower leg was badly hurt to even step on gas pedal in car. MRI's on knees show "inconclusive" menicus damage but no tear. I have had pain popping and cracking in knee ankle.....and also tibia. No x-ray or mri of leg was ever done. Is there a chance that my lower leg may have fractured/broken?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
X-ray is needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for your question.

You may haves developed post trauma arthritis.
I will recommend standing X- XXXXXXX to your knee and ankle which will show us if there is signs of arthritis in the joints.

Fracture should have healed in 2 years, so I think post trauma arthritis is the likely cause.

Hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction. Please contact me if you still concern.

Best wishes