Knee joint pain while walking, beck and neck pain. What is the remedy for lack of strength?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Having knee joint pain while walking.Sometimes getting back and neck pain.
I feel i doesn't have any strength in bones.
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 38 minutes later
The pain in knees, back and neck that you have are likely to be related to calcium or vitamin D3 deficiency. Taking adequate supplements and a diet XXXXXXX in milk and milk products will help in alleviating your symptoms.
The other possible causes could be a thyroid hormone imbalance, electrolyte imbalance, generalized viral infection, autoimmune problem like multiple sclerosis, etc.
In case the above mentioned dietary modifications do not help then you need a detailed evaluation and blood tests to rule out the other causes for your symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Knee joint pain while walking, beck and neck pain. What is the remedy for lack of strength? 45 hours later
Thanks for your reply.I went to Orthopaedic docter yesterday since i had a severe pain in my knee and shoulder.They took x-ray and told that i am affected with chondramalacia patella.They gave some anti-inflammatory drugs and one powder daily to support cartilage.I am taking that.He asked me to come after 15 days.

I am also having shoulder pain and i am not able to do any heavy work(cleaning the house,cleaning vessels) for one week.That doctor told shoulder and hand pain is not related to chondramalacia patella.What test i need to take further?
Shall i check my hemoglobin if i go next time?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The pain in shoulder and hands could be related to polyarthritis or tenosynovitis. Getting an X-ray or MRI of the affected joint will help in detecting any soft tissue changes. For proper diagnosis, some of the blood tests are advisable like-
1. Serum calcium levels.
2. Serum Uric acid levels.
3. RA factor
4. ESR and CRP
5. Serum Creatinine
6. X-ray of affected joints.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.