Knee injury, persisting pain. Is that normal?

Excellent

Question
i jumped off a swing three days ago and hurt my knee, now it still hurts is it ok?
and also, my wrist hurts on and off out of no-where right now it hurts
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
Thanks for the query,

it is normal to have some pains after a trauma especially on the knee.
What you should be afraid of is if there was a fracture that was associated. Fractures present with severe and unbearable pain and swelling that develop immediately after the trauma.
Also, when there is a fracture, the use of the body part having the fracture is reduced or stopped.
In the absence of the above, there is no need to worry and taking some rest and pain killers such as paracetamol/acetaminophen or ibuprofen which your family doctor should prescribe would greatly relief you pains.

As for the wrist pain, it is likely that you must have strain it probably unknowingly. Pain killers as well would help.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to answer. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answer.
Best regards

Follow-up: Knee injury, persisting pain. Is that normal? 19 hours later
Ok thank you! And also one more question, is there a reason why I want attention by hurting myself?

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 27 hours later
thanks once more for the query,

In a normal human being there is absolutely no reason to want attention by hurting one's self. That should be the case of someone who has a psychological problem due to neglect. It is common in adolescence who have parents who are very busy and have very little time for their children.

This should however, not be reason for someone to get to hurt himself/herself. You could talk with your parents and get things solved.

Best regards