Knee injury. MRI showed partial ligament tear, arthroscopy showed ACL tear. Substitute surgery?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Sir, I am XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I am a sales manager working for Sharp. I met with an accident when i was travelling on my two wheeler. The total body and vehicle weight was on my left knee. I then called one of cousin who stays near by. He took me to a near by hospital. The casualty doctor asked me to take an xray. And after diagnosing X-ray he suggested me 1 weeks rest and asked to go to work. I did the same thing. But after One week of work (after taking 1 week rest) the pain started again and my leg was full of swelling. Then I went to an Orthopedician. He suggested me to go for MRI, I was diagnosed with partial ligament tear then. Doctor asked me to continue with my work with stretchable knee brace. I had gone to work for three days the pain increased along with the swelling. I had the n undergone diagnostic arthoscopy and was diagnosed for ACL tear. Now I have to go for ACL Construction. I am asked to take 3 weeks rest and go for physiotherapy. Can I have a substitute for ACL Surgery or it is 100% required. My age is 33 years and my weight is 101 kgs
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Yadav 18 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
If a tear of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) has already been confirmed then there is no substitute for ACL Reconstruction surgery. I would suggest that you undergo this treatment,
Hope this helps. I will be available for follow ups.
Dr. Akhilesh