Knee discomfort, splotchy red, hot feeling. What is going on?

I just got out of bed and walked into the other room ...doing that i felts my knees feel weird ...HOT rolled up my pants and they are fire engine red.... and it carried up a little into my lower thigh. It was also HOT to the touch. i put on different pants i could roll up tp give them so cool air.... it went to alover splotchy where the red was and now it is dying down to almost nothing.....what's going on?
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It will be great if you mention is there in history of injury like have you bumped your knee to some hard object or ant history of allergies like have you come across something that you usually won't.

your symptoms are suggestive of contact dermatitis, a simple rash caused by things your skin touches, such as: cosmetics, soaps, and detergents, dyes and other chemicals in clothing, rubber gloves, shampoos, antibiotics such as neomycin rubbed on the surface of the skin or any plants.

Treatment includes washing with lots of water to remove any traces of the irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure to known irritants or allergens. In some cases, the best treatment is to do nothing to the area.

Even other medications can also be used as you presently don't have any symptoms i advice you to do nothing. Meanwhile you can try to recall is there any substance that might be responsible.

I advice you to see dermatologist if the rashes appears again or it if you see same rash on other part of the body for examination.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer