Klebsiella vaginal infection. Would Ciprofloxacin be sufficient treatment? How long to take it?

Hi, I have klebsiella moderate vaginal infection , what is the treatment ? And for how many days? .. would ciproflaxine 500 mg twice a day for five days be sufficient as treatment for this vaginal infection ?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 37 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have Burning sensation while passing urine?
2.) Do you get fever with chills?

Your History says you have a Klebsiella organism. This occurs, when women wipe themselves from back to front after urinating, or after sexual activity.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that she may examine you and select proper Antibiotics to which Klebsiella are sensitive, after looking at your Culture report. There will be a range of antibiotics to which the organism will be either Highly or Moderately sensitive or Resistant.

You will have to take the medicines as directed by your Doctor and go for regular follow up. Depending upon the severity, you will have to take medicines for 3, 5, 7, 10, 14 or 21 days, your doctor will guide you regarding this.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Drink plenty of water.
2.) Wipe the area with sterile clothing, after using a washroom and sexual activity.
3.) If you have pain abdomen, apply heat pads.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Klebsiella vaginal infection. Would Ciprofloxacin be sufficient treatment? How long to take it? 26 minutes later
Thank you for your answer ,What are the symptoms of UTI doctor
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 11 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

The most common symptoms of UTI (burning sensation when urinating.
3.) Increased frequency of small amounts of urine.
4.) Passing cloudy urine.
5.) Passing bright pink or cola colored Urine, which is a sign of blood in the urine.
6.) Passing urine with strong odour.
7.) Pelvic pain and sometimes abdominal pain.

Follow the advice which I had given earlier, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.