Kissed a sex worker, had a small cut on the tip of tongue. Chance of getting STD?

Hello, I had a small cut or slice on the tip of my tongue few days ago ago and that night I was very drunk and I might of kiss a sex worker in a bar and now I'm really worried that I could of caught an std, can you help me with this please
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 5 hours later
thanks for the query,

there are several stds that can be transmitted through oral sex. The most common being herpes. Others such as HIV and Hepatitis require contact with blood or blood derived fluids in order to be transmitted.

Hepatitis viruses do not necessarily require a cut or wound as through saliva, transmission is possible.

In the case of HIV, transmission can only occur if the wound was just sustained or it was still fresh and actively bleeding. If it was after a while and the process of healing had begun, it will be less likely that transmission could be possible.

However, you could do an infectious workup to exclude pre-existing infections and later redo the test at the earliest in a months time in order to check if there have been a new infection.

Hope this answers your query, If you have further query, i will be gad to help.
Best regards
Follow-up: Kissed a sex worker, had a small cut on the tip of tongue. Chance of getting STD? 10 hours later
Thers was no bleeding on my behalf and the wound would of happened a day before, if I did kiss it would only of been for a few seconds if other I would remember
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks once more for the query

With the information you have given, HIV infection is less likely, however, other infections such as herpes or hepatitis still have a risk though reduced. Th risk could be increased if it was a wet kiss.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answers.
Best regards