Kindey stones, pain while sitting, joint pain, weak back muscles

I have had kidney stones in the past and the precursor seemed to be hurting sides and then the back started when the stones got stuck, but my sides hurt like they used to when I would stand a lot and work as a chef. The pain in this case though happens also when I sit. What can that possibly be? I teach writing now and sit a lot. I have had joint pain. I have recently started taking C powder with ascorbates, B-12 (16,666%), probiotics (Pearls), and XXXXXXX tea extract with the highest dosage allowable ... I also weigh 340 at 5 foot 10 inches ... 44 years old ...on 20 mg of Benicar ... I feel tired a lot too.
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

By the end of this session, I hope that I have solved your queries.

You seem to have problem of weak back Muscles. It is commonly seen in obese persons. The entire weight of upper part of body falls on the back. If you do not exercise you tend to weaken your back muscles. Bad posture also plays a part.
You may continue with the medicines you are using. I would like to give you some pain killers (NSAIDS) with some muscle relaxant.
If your weight is 340 pounds and height is 5 feet 10 inches your BMI is greater that 56. It should ideally be below 25. So you need to lose more than half your weight. Your ideal weight may be around 150 pounds.
You may need to go for X-ray Lumbar spine (Anterior & Lateral). If need be CT / MRI scan can be reviewed.

Discuss about the same with your treating doctor for more understanding the problem.

Waiting for your follow-up,