Kidney transplant patient. Is it safe to start HCG diet?

Question
i am a kidney transplant patient, is it safe to start the hcg diet
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 49 minutes later

If the kidney transplantation surgery was within 10 years from now I would consider not safe in taking any such hormonal treatments for weight loss.

Weight loss by any modality will leave a lot of metabolites into the blood the load of which is taken by the liver and kidney,hence there are chances of them being affected.

I would say it could be safe if transplant was ten years ago but I shall not recommend as it could always have some risk in you.

Wish you good health.