Kidney transplant four years ago. Acai berry pills safe?

Hi I was wondering if it's safe to take Acai berry tablets after a kidney transplant which is now 4 years since?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Acai berry pills usually do not affect the renal function. but allergy to any such substance is common. Also, their efficacy in causing weight loss has not been proven by well controlled clinical trials. These are being widely advertised as nutritional supplements.
It is best not to use any such pill as the best and most effective way of losing weight is only diet control and exercise. You can get a specialized diet charted out for you from your dietitian.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.