Kidney test showed marinated complex cortical cyst in left renal lower pole. Concerned

Kidney :- Marinated Complex cortical cyst is seen in left renal lower pole of size 34 x 33 mm post IV contrast administrative shows enhancing intrarenal septae and margins s/o category III.
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 26 minutes later
Kidney cysts are not uncommon, but majority are type I cysts. A few are type II, possibly due to infection or bleeding. Type III cysts mean there is a possibility of malignancy (30-40%), while a type IV cyst is a malignancy which has areas of degeneration causing a cystic appearance.
Thus when a scan has revealed a Type III cyst in the kidney with areas of enhancement, you should definitely consult a urologist, and maybe get an MRI for relatively more info regarding this condition, and be prepared for surgery. Hopefully there will no malignant elements in the report, but at your age,(only 33), you should not take a risk of a tumour being missed.
Hope I have been of some help. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Kidney test showed marinated complex cortical cyst in left renal lower pole. Concerned 22 minutes later
thank you doctor for your quick reply.this is type III cyst and surgery is must that i understood. but please tell me it will be permanently cured after surgery?? which is the best urologist in pune so that i can consult with them. in how many days i should do this surgery?? what will be the expenses of surgery??
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 11 hours later
Hi, the question of whether the cure is permanent will depend on the biopsy report after the mass is excised. So we cannot speculate at this juncture.
The nature of surgery is such that it should be done in a hospital with good facilities, and thus you should ask among your friends which is the hospital in Pune which offers good care. Thus the cost of treatment will also depend on the hospital you choose.
While the surgery is not an emergency, you should get it done as early as possible to derive maximum benefit.
Hope I have answered your questions.