Kidney stone, septicaemia, galactosemia, idiopathic fanconi syndrome, liver enlargement

Can a kidney stone cause an enlarged liver?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 32 minutes later

It is highly unlikely that a simple kidney stone can directly result in liver enlargement.

But in cases of Renal failure due to Kidney stone disease, the liver can be indirectly involved due to septicaemia and be enlarged. But such situations are very serious and are usually very uncommon.

But some very rare Inborn errors of metabolism eg. galactosemia, and idiopathic fanconi syndrome with cystinosis can be associated with renal stones and liver enlargement.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.