Kidney problem like vomit, loose motin and constipation. Prescribed with zeegut. Is this the correct treatment?

Question
Hello sir I XXXXXX asking to u my mother is patient of kidney trouble like vomit, loos motion, and constipation also doctor written down add zeegut tab sir this is which purpose ?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 55 minutes later
Hello XXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Your mother seems to be having symptoms of a stomach or intestine disorder. The tablet Zeegut is a 'probiotic'.

A probiotic is a substance that will help and promote digestion in your mother's body. This will help in easy breakdown of food.

This medicine will help your mother to digest her food, in turn this will reduce constipation and also vomiting. It will not have any bad or adverse effects on your kidney.

I hope this is clear XXXXXX Please write back to me if anything is unclear to you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Kidney problem like vomit, loose motin and constipation. Prescribed with zeegut. Is this the correct treatment? 11 minutes later
Thanks sir I'm so happy

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 minute later
No problem XXXXXX. It is my pleasure to help you.

Take care, and my best wishes to your mother.

Follow-up: Kidney problem like vomit, loose motin and constipation. Prescribed with zeegut. Is this the correct treatment? 4 hours later
Hello sir I have a male child 3 year and 7 month sir he has constipation problem he unable to clear motion doctor given duphalac syrup but no more effective and suggested for him that add extra sugar in his milk if problem then use enima sir suggest us any medicine or food activities so that we routed out this problem

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello once again XXXXXX

I would be happy to help you.

Let me provide you with as much information as possible.

1. First of all, a laxative (eg. duphalac syrup). The one most common mistake that takes place is the wrong dosage. A small dosage makes the medication ineffective or by stopping the medication too early, thinking they should not give the child too much medicine. But, in such situations, the medication helps a lot. Discuss the dosage with the doctor, and possibly increasing it

2. High-fiber diet: Lots of fruits and vegetables, whole-grain bread, beans, high-fiber-cereal, chickpea, lentils (dals), etc.

3. Probiotics like yogurt, curd, drinks (eg. Yakult in India)

4. Popcorn with minimum salt

5. Plenty of fluids

6. Encourage your child to use the toilet as often as possible, teach them to take their time to use the toilet, but make it a routine habit

I hope this information helps. Please understand that this is a child, and we will have to use the most mild methods available. Please do not use any other medications, as only a laxative will do.

Do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would surely help you.

Best wishes.