Kidney is not working. What does it mean?

My kidney is working only and my blood ceii isn low about 10 why is my blood cell only 10? Why is my kidney not working? I believe my count is ay 3. please explain . Also what kind of food I should no eat.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief seem to have developed chronic kidney disease due to uncontrolled diabetes and hypertension.
Detailed answer...
Kidneys help in filtering waste products from body and in diabetes,kidneys have to work harder because of excess sugar in blood.
Over period of years,the filtering capacity of kidneys get low and proteins start passing in your urine.When small amounts of protein is passed,it is called as microalbuminaria and this can be reversed by proper treatment but if large amounts of protein are passed,it is called as macroalbuminaria and person is diagnosed as having ESRD ( end stage renal disease ).
Your hemoglobin level seems to be 10 and is due to anemia caused by kidney disease.
It happens because of low production of erythropoietin hormone and dietary deficiency of iron,FOLIC acid and VIT B 12 etc.
Foods to be avoided...
Take low amount of protein
Take less of fruits and vegetables because they contain potassium and these are to be avoided.
Take less of dairy products as they contain phosphorus and it is to be avoided by kidney patients.
Take less of fluids and salt.
You must consult a nephrologist for proper evaluation and management and try to keep your blood pressure and blood sugar levels totally normal.
Since this topic is very big,I have tried to tell the basic points however,if you have any specific question ,please feel free to ask me.
Best of luck