Kid having cold, wheezing, coughing and fever. On montecope and azythral. Correct medication?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Hi Doctor, My kid is having cold, wheezing, coughing and it develops as fever for the past 2 months. we checked with multiple doctors. One doctor given 3 times augment duo, levolin, febrex plus then taxim-o 2 bottles. after one dose of medicine he will be fine. After one week once again all will start again. Another doctor told it is allergy getting converted into cold, infection, wheezing and fever and gave montecope for 60 days with azythral 200 - 5 ml twice a week for 8 weeks. Doctor aslo told if cold and whhezing is more give relent and levolin. he is better but the disease is not fuuly cured. one week he will be week he will have cold,wheezing. will this the correct treatment for my kid.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
mostly allergic

Detailed Answer:

What your child has is wheezing attacks following allergic cold or viral infections.

Here you do not have to give strong antibiotics every time the child gets wheeze.

You only have to control with. Antihistamine syrup in the early stages and later when he gets wheeze levolin.

Levolin can be given orally or by nebulizer.

These wheezing attacks will become less when the child grows unless there is strong family history of asthma or allergy.

Monteleukast for 2 months is OK and is supposed to prevent allergies.

This works in some kids and not all!

Azythrol ( axithromycin is an antibiotic which has minimal effect in viral infections- to be given for only 5 days)
I feel it is not necessary to continue for 8,weeks.

Do not worry about these attacks

Avoid dusty environment. ,blast of air,crowded places,etc to avoid these attacks.

good luck

God bless

Dr Uma