Keep getting lump between breasts. Sweats a lot and then lump comes and goes with shower. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
Hello, Im 19 Years Old. I Keep Getting This Lump Between my Breasts Pretty Much Under My Right One. Im Always Stressing About Things. Also i Work A lot So I Sweat A lot And Thats When The Lump Usually Comes, But Then When i Shower A Few Days Later or A Week It Goes Away. I Dont Have Any Health Problems, Or Anything Im So Worried About This Because i Am Young And I Dont Know If Its Something Bad or Not.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Some lumps in the breasts usually very mobile and they seem coming and going if you try to feel it with your fingers.

Swellings or masses like fibroadenoma, which is a harmless and benign one presents as a freely mobile lump in the breast.

Excessive sweating may be due to work, anxiety, and stress.

Yoga, mediation, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques can be followed to get relief from stress and anxiety.

And the lump in the breast needs physical examination by gynecologist.

Therefore I advise you to consult the gynecologist for physical examination.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Keep getting lump between breasts. Sweats a lot and then lump comes and goes with shower. Suggest? 3 hours later
Thank You So Much, For Answering So You Dont Think It Would Be Anything Bad Since It Comes And Goes Do You? I Looked Into It More Online. It Says When You Have A Larger Set of Tend To Sweat of Course But, Since I Have A lot Going On Im Hoping Thats The Case. Such As A Sweat/Stress Lump But, Yes I Will Set Up An Appointment As Soon As I Can.

You are welcome.

Thank you for getting back.

The sweating may not be related to the lump in the breast, but it may be related to the episodes of stress and anxiety.

Yes, take appointment for consultation with the doctor for the examination of the lump.

Regards.

Follow-up: Keep getting lump between breasts. Sweats a lot and then lump comes and goes with shower. Suggest? 40 hours later
-Hello Again,

I Was Just Wondering, Because Most People Have Said Its A Cyst but They Said They Didnt Know They Had it. Although Mine Hurts Im Not Sure Are Their Different Kinds of Cysts Or No?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

The most common lumps present in breast tissue are breast cysts, fibroadenomas, and pseudolumps.

These can be differentiated from each other by physical examination by a doctor and with investigations like fine needle aspiration.

Cysts usually filled with fluid and will feel smooth and squishy. If you press on cyst it will have some give to it like a water balloon.

Fibroadenoma will be firm or hard on pressing, usually present near the surface of the breast.

Breast pseudolumps are of scar tissue, or underlying rib presenting as lump.

This differentiation is made out by the doctor depending on clinical findings in physical examination.

And the doctor will confirm the type of swelling with fine needle aspiration.

So consult the doctor for physical examination and for further management.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please feel free to get back.

Regards.