Ask a Urologist   »  

Junction that connects foreskin and penis gets torn during intercourse. Any tips ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Topic: Tips on healthy genitals
The junction in the pennis that connects the foreskin to the pennis gets a little torn when i have intercourse. This does not happen all the time. It happens when i have an intercourse after a break of about a week or so.
So when i try to move the penis back and forth the cut insreases which pains, thus preventing me from continuing with the intercourse.
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 14 minutes later
Hi there.

Do you have redness, pain and swelling over this thin piece of skin that connects your penis to foreskin ?

Do you have burning sensation on passing urine ?

You probably have a condition called Frenulum breve or short frenulum. This thin piece of skin is called the Frenulum. Due to the short length it can cause tightness which can cause trouble during sexual intercourse.

Due to trauma it is prone to getting infected and painful. Such condition needs to be treated with antibiotic cream or ointment at that site and maintaining hygiene.

If you are having trouble pulling the foreskin back then you could be suffering from phimosis as well. These problems need to be addressed by a Urologist or Surgeon to decide if this needs to be removed or if circumcision if required if you have phimosis.

Not to worry. Kidnly apply Neosporin antibiotic ointment on the painful are 3 times a day. Drink 1-2 litres if water daily to prevent symptoms. Avoid sexual intercourse for 4-5 days or till the frenulum damage heals completely.

Kindly consult your Urologist or General Surgeon in this regard to get a complete evaluation and decide management t remove your suffering and find you relief.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.