Joint pain, tiredness. Master check up normal. What to do?

I have severe joint pain and extreme tiredness for the past 4 years i do my master checkup, brain ct scan, ent full check up, but all of said no problem in my body. so pls advice me what to do?
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 22 hours later

It would help me in answering your questions if you could tell me.
Which joints or body areas hurt.?
Is there any swelling of the joints.?
Do you get back pain?
Are you hypothyroid?
Do you feel refreshed in the morning after a night sleep.?

As of now I feel that your symptoms seem to indicate fibromyalgia. This is a condition where multiple areas of the body hurt with severe fatigue.

So if all your test results are normal this seems likely.

Please get back to me with the above details.
Follow-up: Joint pain, tiredness. Master check up normal. What to do? 12 hours later
Hi Mam,

Thanks for your valuable answer.

Actually i have a pain in leg, shoulder, low back, neck, mostly all part of the body.

But i have not any swelling in the joints.

And also i tested for thyroid, but they said all normal.

I am not feel fresh after also a good night sleep. I always feel so extreme tired and dizziness through out the day. it makes some stress and depresssion for me.

You said the symptoms look like fibromyalgia, what is fibromyalgia, and it is any required test to confirm it is fibromyalgia.

Actually i have these symptoms for past 4 years, but now a days i feel so excessive dizziness and tiredness.

So please help on this.

Awaiting for your valuable response.

Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 59 minutes later

Thanks for providing the additional details.

Chronic fibromyalgia is a condition of chronic widespread pain, with features of fatigue, unrefreshed sleep and some cognitive symptoms. I feel the features you describe fit into this syndrome.
As such there is no test that confirms this diagnosis as it is a clinical diagnosis.

The treatment involves gradually increasing exercise and some medication like pregabalin, duloxetine or amitriptyline.

I suggest you see your rheumatologist at the earliest and start treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any doubts.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.