Joint pain, swollen fingers. Need help

often I have joint pains , at irregular intervals ( i.e. anytime) and some of it (like fingers) are always accompanied with swelling. I need help on this.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Parshant Aggarwal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms are suggestive of Palindromic rheumatism. It is a condition in which episodes of joint pain take place accompanied by swelling. These episodes can last even for a few days and person is totally normal afterwards till a next attack takes place. It is generally a mild condition and with proper treatment can recover quite well.
However you need to consult a rheumatologist for confirming the diagnosis and planning the treatment.
Let me know if you have any more questions.