Joint pain in hand, back pain. Cannot sleep properly

Dear all,

hi my name is XXXXXXX i have a severe hand joint pain and back pain for last 3month,
result i cant sleep and wake up properly
shown to doctors all reports observed ok.
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Back pain is one of the most common health complaints. Almost everyone will have back pain at some time in their life. Most of the time, the exact cause of the pain cannot be found.
One single event may not cause your pain. You may have been doing many things improperly such as standing or lifting for a long time. Then suddenly, one simple movement leads to pain.
You are at greater risk for low back pain if you Do not exercise, Feel stressed or depressed, Have a job in which you have to do a lot of heavy lifting, bending and twisting, or that involves whole body vibration.
I advice you to go for physical therapy. The physical therapist may try to reduce your pain, using stretches and traction. The therapist will show you how to do exercises that make your back muscles stronger, so you can prevent future back pain. You may need a back brace to support your back at work. Cold packs and heat therapy may help your back pain. Cognitive behavioral therapy may be helpful. This technique helps you better understand your pain and teaches you how to manage your back pain. Pain killers can help but regular use is not advisable.
I have given all the possible options as you have this symptom since last 3 month and have gone to doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.