Job stress, indigestion, loss of appetite, dark urine, reddish pink in color, ectopic pregnancy few years ago, no other medical history. Treatment ?

Question
hello I have been under a lot of stress with my job.cant eat or keep food down.. this is the first week in 3 weeks i was able to eat??? My urine in very dark..redish pink?? what does that mean..im 31 female
my weight is 150.. i have no medical history problems
i had etoppic preganay in 2007
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Follow-up: Job stress, indigestion, loss of appetite, dark urine, reddish pink in color, ectopic pregnancy few years ago, no other medical history. Treatment ? 5 minutes later
I notice my urine dark reddish pink a few days..i wasnt drinking wather at all... for months and i just stared a weeks ago drinking water..i been uder super loads of stress...the pass months on my job..my bosses smokes and it really bothers me... whats causing my urine this color

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

Reddish pink color of urine can be caused by having foods with dyes. Recall about what you’ve been eating lately. Do any of the foods have red food coloring in them?

Other contributory factors that need to be considered are-
1. First of all, irritation in the bladder needs to be ruled out. This could lead to some blood escaping into the urine which you may have noticed with the change in urine color. It can be caused by infection, decreased water intake, excessive acidic urine, etc.

2. Excessive stress of muscles can lead to a small amount of muscle breakdown. This can sometimes caused a change in color of the urine and particularly a pink or red color. This is sometimes referred to as Rhabdomyolysis. I don't think, this is what explains your symptoms.

3. Infection of urine, renal calculus are the other causes that need to be ruled out.

As far as recommendations for you, I would recommend you to observe the color and volume of your urine. I think you should see your anxiety is the only reason that you cannot keep your food down. You need to do some XXXXXXX breathing relaxation, exercises and yoga to improve your symptoms.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.

Follow-up: Job stress, indigestion, loss of appetite, dark urine, reddish pink in color, ectopic pregnancy few years ago, no other medical history. Treatment ? 2 hours later
thanks you.. i have been under a great deal of stress.... and i wasnt driking any water at all for months...what can i do to fix the color of my urine???.....and just started the red in urine..but i have another question..i have this issue where i gag..its in my mind..nothing wrong i dont be sick..just a lot if i think of gagging, i do and at time i vomit.. what causes that..I read online its al in my mind??

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can start with at least 3-4 litres of water daily and if the color fades then there is nothing to worry. If it does not then you need to see your physician for further investigations.
Repeated gagging is seen in extreme anxiety.
To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Job stress, indigestion, loss of appetite, dark urine, reddish pink in color, ectopic pregnancy few years ago, no other medical history. Treatment ? 40 hours later
Thanks for everything..if i have more questions I will contact this site again...My urine is looking like its lighinting up some..

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Hello again,

It is nice to know that you are recovering. Just make sure to have plenty of water all the time.

Regards.