Jerking involuntary movements in arms and legs while sleeping. What could be the underlying cause?

I have developed jerking involuntary movements while sleeping mostly arms and legs
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: How many times did it happen Detailed Answer: Hi This age is prone for numerous reasons for involuntary movements. I would like to specifically ask how many times these movements were felt and what duration of each episode? It is not right to relate it to seizure activity after 7 yrs of seizure free period. I would not be worried about thyroid activity as well. More information is awaited from you.