Jerk in lower back, noise in leg while applying weight.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have got a jerk in my lower back while wearing the pant, weight came on one leg and it gave a slight noise and there is terrible pain in my lower back
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 55 minutes later
The jerk you had in your back is most likely to be due to a muscle sprain or spasm. If there is no swelling in the back or change in the skin color, then a hematoma formation or a bony injury is not likely.
To find out the extent of magnetic resonance imaging scan (MRI scan) of the lumbosacral spine is the best investigation.
I would suggest that you be started on a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen. However, this is a prescription drug and you would need to see your general physician for this. Till then, you can take tablet disprin 1 tablet twice a day with meals. Also, you should avoid bending forwards and lifting any weights.
If the symptoms are not relieved, then oral muscle relaxants like chlorzoxazone are needed which can be prescribed by your orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.