I've had Diarrhea for 5 straight days and Imodum AD

Gastroenterologist
Question
I've had Diarrhea for 5 straight days and Imodum AD has not worked for me. After I eat something about an hr or so later I can't stop going to the bathroom. My doctor doesn't have hours today. Can you recommend anything to stop the diarrhea?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
perhaps add an antispasmodic.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I've gone through your details and I appreciate your concerns.

Take Antispasmodic like Tab Dicyclomine 10 mg twice daily and increasing doses of Imodium to 8 mg twice daily.

If Racecadotril is available in your country it's better to take it as 100 mg thrice daily dose.
You would need a prescription for these.

Please also get a stool routine microscopy test done in the interim.
In case its positive for bacteria or protozoa we may need to start you on antibiotics/anti-protozoal.