I've been walking daily for exercise and have developed pain

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I've been walking daily for exercise and have developed pain in the bottom of my right foot. It seems to be in the arch and outer portions of the foot including the toes.
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be plantar fasciitis

Detailed Answer:
From your symptoms, it seems that you are suffering from plantar fasciitis. It happens due to inflammation of the plantar fascia.
A short term rest and oral anti inflammatory drugs are required to take care of the inflammation.
To help the pain, ice the area immediately after getting up in the morning. You can use either a store-bought cold pack or a frozen wet towel. Ice for 10 or 15 minutes. To reduce inflammation, take an aspirin or ibuprofen at mealtime.
Pay careful attention to selecting the correct running shoe based upon the foot type (flexible pronator vs. rigid supinator). This is extremely important. In selected cases, shoe inserts (orthotics) may be necessary.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal